Hey friend! Remember a few months back I posted a recipe for a delicious Gut Healing Lemon Vanilla Gelatin Mousse? No? Well best you get your pretty little butt over there and check it out. OR if lemon is not your cup of tea, maybe you’d be better of sticking around here and checking out my delicious Gut Healing CHOCOLATE Gelatin Mousse.
‘Cos who doesn’t like chocolate?! Olivia (my daughter), that’s who! Seriously – if I have anything cacao based, it goes through my breastmilk into her body and she has a MAJOR meltdown in the middle of the night. I have experimented with it, and been in denial, too many times for it to be a coincidence. Argh life’s not fair, is it?
Anywho, this isn’t about me. It’s about YOU getting yummy gut healing goodness into your belly!
As I mentioned in the last post, gelatin is pretty much a super-food. I’m not one to reinvent the wheel, so go and check out THIS POST to read about why gelatin is the goods. Then come back and grab the recipe. K?
Melt-in-your-mouth Chocolate Mousse
(4 small serves)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 T cacao powder
- 1-2 T pure maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 T Great Lakes gelatin powder
- 2 T water
- Add coconut milk, cacao, and maple syrup to a pot over medium heat and whisk
- Combine gelatin and water in small bowl
- Add gelatin mix to the pot and stir well until dissolved
- When the mixture is warm, transfer into 2-4 small serving dishes (e.g. ramekins or cups)
- Place in the fridge for 30-45 minutes (or freezer to set faster if you can’t wait that long)
- Serve as is or with fresh berries/coconut flakes
Let me know if you try it and like it. But don’t rub it in too much, please. Hanging out for the day when I can get back into cacao. MMMMMMM.